Stone County Sheriff’s Office
On 05-04-2012 Willard Leon Standee contacted the Stone County Sheriff's Department about items that had been stolen from his residence in Arkansas on 04-25-2012. Willard did make a report of the theft with the Carroll County, Arkansas sheriff’s department. Willard stated that a friend had called him and told him he had purchased a welding helmet from Ben Reagan that he knew belonged to Willard. The friend told him other items belonging to Willard were at Ben's residence.
Deputy Wells responded to Ben's residence at 298 Sun Valley Lane, Lampe, Stone County, Missouri. While standing at the front door of the residence Deputy Wells observed a trailer and cutting torch set matching Willard's description sitting nearby. It appeared to him that the trailer was being cut up. Willard went to the residence and positively identified the trailer and torch set as his. The trailer was home built and matched the description given earlier to Deputy Wells. The hoses for the torch set had black tape wrapped around them and this also matched the earlier description.
Willard was also missing a gas powered Hobart welder bearing serial number MA320329Y, two army ammo cans, one green and one red, containing tools and some 6011 gage, 1/8 inch welding rod that is gray in color.
The trailer was Willard's welding trailer and all of the other items were taken with it. There were other items taken that were in the trailer that Willard was unable to list at the time.
Based on the information that Deputy Wells had received, a search warrant was obtained for Ben’s residence where the following items were recovered.
1. Oxygen/acetylene torch, valued $600.00
2. Hobart gas welder, serial #MA320329y, valued at $1600.00
3. Wire stretcher, valued at $50.00
4. Milwaukee 1/2" drill, serial # 053142902, valued $150.00
5. Milwaukee 4" grinder, valued $150.00
6. Grinder attachments, valued $50.00
7. Green Army ammo can with drill bits, valued $100.00
8. 16" level, valued $25.00
9. 100' tape measure, valued $25.00
10. Welding rods, valued $50.00
11. Pipe cutter, valued $50.00
12. Assorted fencing tools, valued $50.00
13. 3 hammers, valued $25.00
14. Red Army ammo can/welding rods, welding jacket and gloves, valued $100.00
15. Green Army ammo can/misc tools, valued $25.00
16. Bench vice, valued $50.00
17. Misc. welding tools, valued $200.000
18. Homemade trailer, valued $300.00
Total of stolen/recovered property valued at $3575.00
Deputy Wells has submitted a probable cause statement to obtain an arrest warrant for Ben Reagan.
Richard L. Hill, Sheriff
**Corrected 051412 victim name was Willard, not William as originally noted in press release.**